With USA shopping becoming more and more popular around the world, many people are turning to MyUS.com for an easier shopping and shipping experience. Now that you have decided to get a USA address, you may have questions about which MyUS.com membership is right for you.
MyUS.com has three memberships to choose from - Standard, Premium and Premium+ Mail. Each has been created to accommodate almost ever USA shopper. You'll find that your membership fee will end up paying for itself with the great savings you'll be receiving on your shipping. We've put together this helpful questionnaire to help you better decide which membership will suit your USA shipping needs best.
1. You are only planning on purchase one individual item occasionally and will not require any special instructions - Choose Standard Membership. You will still enjoy discounted shipping rates with this membership, however once your package arrives at your suite it will immediately go out for shipment to your home.
2. You discover your packages will be shipped separately or you'll be purchasing items from multiple stores - Choose Premium Membership. Standard membership does not allow for package storage or consolidation. If items you order are sent to your suite in separate packages, even if they arrive the same day, they will not be consolidated and will be shipped separately. Premium membership will allow you to store packages so they may be shipped together in a single, cost-effective shipment.
3. You may need to correct your packages' declared values - Should your package arrive with no merchant invoice, or an invoice with no prices listed, the value of your package will be estimated upon arrival to your suite based on research of the items contained therein. As a Standard Member your package is immediately shipped and leaves little to no time for these values to be corrected if needed. As a Premium Member, you control your shipping completely and are able to adjust your declared value so you can avoid paying unnecessary customs taxes. This can mean big savings depending on which country you live.
4. You need to make special shipping instructions - Standard membership does not allow for special shipping instructions such as discarding of shoe boxes and extra packaging, adding fragile stickers or extra padding to your shipment, or any other instructions you may wish to give us when preparing your shipments. Premium membership will allow you to mark these instructions when submitting a request to ship your packages.
5. You would like to have your USA mail forwarded to your international address - Choose Premium+ Mail. This membership is the same as the Premium membership but allows you to also have a mailbox for having your mail forwarded.
MyUS.com is committed to making sure your USA shopping experience is an easy and enjoyable process by providing memberships such as these. You may also want to read our blog story on how to best save on shipping. Click here.
Which stores are you hoping to use these tips with?