What are the Rates for Shipping to Japan from the USA?
MyUS is pleased to offer its members discounted shipping rates to Japan, thanks to our free package consolidation services and exclusive partnerships with FedEx, DHL, USPS and UPS.
To find out how much it will cost to ship specific items to Japan, use our shipping cost estimator. Your shipping charges will vary depending on:
- Your MyUS membership level
- If express shipping is selected
- How many items you are consolidating into one package
- How much your package weighs
MyUS determines international shipping charges based on package weight ONLY, unlike other consolidation companies or freight forwarders who base the price on weight AND the size and shape of the package. This straightforward pricing prevents surprise shipping costs when your package is larger in size than expected.**
When you become a MyUS member, you have access to a real-time shipping calculator that shows you exact costs, and gives side-by-side comparisons of which shipping options will be the cheapest or fastest ways to ship your item to Japan.
Shop American Brands and Stores Online, and We Will Ship Your Purchases to Japan
MyUS truly makes it easy to buy products from the United States, and get access to brands that are not available in Japan. Which stores will you shop first when you become a MyUS member? Here our some of our Japanese members’ favorite stores:
- Disney Store
- Toys R Us
- Society 6
- Ralph Lauren
- J Crew
- Michelle Phan
- Bare Minerals
- and many more of your favorite US brands!
Save on Shipping to Japan with MyUS Premier Package Consolidation
Not only will you find great savings when you shop US stores online for laptops, shoes, CDs, Macbooks, iPhones and other Apple products, watches, baby items, fashion and makeup (and more), but you will also save on international shipping when you choose MyUS.
MyUS offers free Premier Package Consolidation services to all members. That means you can buy items from different US websites and ask us to hold your items in your MyUS suite until they all arrive. Then, we will ship everything to you in one box (instead of sending each item separately).
Package consolidation can save you up to 80% on shipping charges to Japan!
MyUS Serves All Cities in Japan
MyUS proudly serves all Japanese cities, including:
- and all other Japanese cities
Your MyUS package will be shipped quickly to your doorstep whether you live in Hokkaido, Tohoku, Kanto, Chubu, Kinki, Chugoku, Shikoku or Kyushu-Okinawa.
What You Are Not Allowed to Ship to Japan
Japan, like any country, has import and customs laws that ban some products. MyUS is unable to ship any banned items to Japan, including, but not limited to:
- Counterfeit items, such as fake designer shoes, branded clothing, purses and bags, watches, pirated CDs and DVDs, perfumes and illegally recreated electronics
- Firearms, bullets and ammunition, swords, daggers, non-kitchen knives (only kitchen knives are allowed)
- Non-roasted coffee beans
- Beans, except canned-beans
- Pet food or chews
- Awakening and psychotropic drugs and other illegal stimulants
- Marijuana, narcotics, opium, poppy straw
- Chia seeds
- Fresh, dried or frozen fruits
- Lottery tickets
- Fish meal
- Raw wool and leather
- Products made in North Korea or Iran
- 35mm and 70mm films
This short list does not include all items prohibited or restricted for shipping to Japan. MyUS follows all Japanese Customs Laws.
If you are unsure if you can ship an item from the United States to Japan, please visit Japan’s Customs website or view the FedEx, DHL and UPS Japanese import guides linked above.
You may also contact our knowledgeable and friendly customer service team with any international shipping questions.
* Delivery times may vary based on your specific location, weather, political forces and your local Customs Office. Please see our FAQ for information on issues that could affect transit times or require additional information when shipping to Japan.
**Applies to international shipping from the USA via DHL, FedEx, and UPS. Excludes oversized shipments and palletized shipments. Oversized shipments are those with linear dimensions (total Length + Width + Height) greater than 108" (274 cm). Items requiring some types of special packaging (e.g. crates), are not eligible for MyUS TruePrice pricing. MyUS TruePrice guarantee does not include additional or optional services such as insurance, dangerous goods fees, customs, duties or taxes. Comparison rates based on comparable services as of November 2014.