The MyUS.com Community Scholarship
Scholarship Award: $2,000
Due date for this scholarship submission: November 30th, 2021
As an international shipping company that gives communities around the globe access to US goods, MyUS.com understands the power of connection. By connecting teachers to educational supplies for their classrooms, medical professionals to the latest innovations in healthcare, and countless others to resources they couldn’t otherwise access, MyUS.com helps customers shape the world around them.
The value of community can’t be understated ‒ particularly for students working hard to achieve their educational goals and find their place in the world. For that reason, MyUS is excited to announce the MyUS.com Community Scholarship, a global annual scholarship that will provide select eligible students with financial assistance as they earn their degrees.
To qualify for scholarship consideration, eligible students should write a 500-word essay detailing their communities have affected their choices in life, including what to study, which university/college to attend, and which career they will pursue after graduation.
How to Apply:
To enter, send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Your essay (attached as a document or included in the body of the email)
- A photo of yourself (image must feature you alone, without other people)
- Any additional relevant information you feel will help tell your story
Any submissions not received through this email will be disqualified. If you’re having trouble submitting your essay, please contact MyUS.com at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Essays will be reviewed ‒ and the recipient will be selected ‒ based on your ability to communicate your story as it relates to the questions outline below and to the overarching theme of the scholarship, as well as the thoughtfulness of their essay.
- How has your community influenced your decision to pursue your field of study?
- How have you directly connected with your community, and what positive outcomes occurred as a result?
- What three lessons did you learn as a result of these connections, and how do you anticipate they will help you in the future?
- What lessons can you provide to others in your community to help them on their own path to higher education?
- How do you anticipate connecting with your community after graduation as you begin your professional career?
- Do you have any advice for others who want to connect with their community?
- Are there any specific areas where your community can improve its ability to help others achieve success with higher education and/or professional development?
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant must be a student currently enrolled at an officially recognized, accredited college or university. Students who are not currently enrolled but have been accepted to attend may be eligible if they are registered with the college or university.
Incoming and Current Students:
- Eligible students must currently be in good standing with their respective university, college or high school. Students who have been suspended, are on academic probation or have otherwise violated any university/college rules will be disqualified.
- Applicant must either be accepted to a qualifying university/college or currently enrolled in an undergraduate/graduate program.
- If the applicant or the applicant's parent/legal guardian is employed by MyUS.com at the time the scholarship is granted, the student will be considered ineligible. Eligibility of finalists will be verified before winners are selected.
Description of Scholarship Funds:
The scholarship recipient will receive a one-time $2,000 (USD) educational scholarship to be applied to qualifying expenses, including undergraduate/graduate tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board for the 2021 or 2022 academic year. Funds are provided by Access Shipping LLC (MyUS.com).
Payments issued by MyUS.com are strictly made payable to the student's approved college or university, and will not be paid directly to the student or in any other form. Payments will be wired directly to the accredited college or university that the student is currently verifiably enrolled in.
Winner Selection and Announcement:
The scholarship recipient will be selected by MyUS.com after the November 30, 2021 entry deadline. The winner will be announced and/or notified via email on or before December 30, 2021. Applicants not awarded the scholarship will not be notified.
The institution must be accredited and recognized by the government in which the university is established. Any students who attend universities/colleges that do not fit the criteria will be disqualified.
The recipient must be enrolled without interruption, barring illness, emergency or military service. It is the recipient's responsibility to provide all necessary information (including the designated institution’s bank details) in order to process scholarship payments. The recipient must also verify receipt of funds in accordance with the designated institution. MyUS.com reserves the right to alter or discontinue this program at any time without notice.
Digital Rights Agreement: By submitting an entry to this competition, you agree that all essay and photo submissions will become the property of MyUS.com and may be used in marketing materials, emails and/or displayed online in whole or partial form without notification.