The MyUS.com Community Scholarship
Scholarship Award: $2,000
Due date for this scholarship submission: October 1st, 2020
As an international shipping company that gives communities around the globe access to US goods, MyUS.com understands the power of connection. By connecting teachers to educational supplies for their classrooms, medical professionals to the latest innovations in healthcare, and countless others to resources they couldn’t otherwise access, MyUS.com helps customers shape the world around them.
This power of community can’t be understated ‒ particularly for students working hard to achieve their educational goals and find their place in the world. Because connecting to one’s community is such an integral part of Ramadan observances, MyUS.com is interested in understanding how your community has affected the way you approach your studies and your future career.
Ramadan is a time of spiritual reflection, devotion and connecting with family and community. It’s also a time to give back. And that’s why we are excited to announce the MyUS.com Community Scholarship, a global annual scholarship that will provide select eligible students with financial assistance as they earn their degrees.
To qualify for scholarship consideration, eligible students should write a 500-word essay detailing how self-reflection, introspection and community outreach have affected their choices in life, including what to study, which university/college to attend and which career they will pursue after graduation.
How to Apply:
To enter, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your essay (attached as a document or included in the body of the email)
- A photo of yourself (image must feature you alone, without other people)
- Any additional relevant information you feel will help tell your story
Any submissions not received through this email will be disqualified. If you’re having trouble submitting your essay, please contact MyUS.com at email@example.com for assistance.
Essays will be reviewed ‒ and the recipient will be selected ‒ based on the student’s ability to communicate their story as it relates to the questions above and to the overarching theme of the scholarship, as well as the thoughtfulness of their essay.
- How specifically did you connect with your community during Ramadan?
- What three lessons did you learn as a result of these connections, and how do you anticipate they will help you in the future?
- How can you continue to connect with your community after Ramadan?
- If you don’t observe Ramadan, how do you connect with your community and what impact has it had on you?
- In what ways do you believe you will change the way you approach your studies after connecting with your community?
- Do you have any advice for others who want to connect with their community?
- How do you plan to be involved in your community after graduation?
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant must be a student currently enrolled at an officially recognized, accredited college or university. Students who are not currently enrolled but have been accepted to attend may be eligible if they are registered with the college or university.
Incoming and Current Students:
- Eligible students must currently be in good standing with their respective university, college or high school. Students who have been suspended, are on academic probation or have otherwise violated any university/college rules will be disqualified.
- Applicant must either be accepted to a qualifying university/college or currently enrolled in an undergraduate/graduate program.
- If the applicant or the applicant's parent/legal guardian is employed by MyUS.com at the time the scholarship is granted, the student will be considered ineligible. Eligibility of finalists will be verified before winners are selected.
Description of Scholarship Funds:
The scholarship recipient will receive a one-time $2,000 (USD) educational scholarship to be applied to qualifying expenses, including undergraduate/graduate tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board for the 2020 or 2021 academic year. Funds are provided by Access Shipping LLC (MyUS.com).
Payments issued by MyUS.com are strictly made payable to the student's approved college or university, and will not be paid directly to the student or in any other form. Payments will be wired after November 1, 2020, directly to the accredited college or university that the student is currently verifiably enrolled in.
Winner Selection and Announcement:
The scholarship recipient will be selected by MyUS.com after the October 1, 2020 entry deadline. The winner will be announced and/or notified via email on or before November 1, 2020.
The institution must be accredited and recognized by the government in which the university is established. Any students who attend universities/colleges that do not fit the criteria will be disqualified.
The recipient must be enrolled without interruption, barring illness, emergency or military service. It is the recipient's responsibility to provide all necessary information (including the designated institution’s bank details) in order to process scholarship payments. The recipient must also verify receipt of funds in accordance with the designated institution. MyUS.com reserves the right to alter or discontinue this program at any time without notice.
Digital Rights Agreement: By submitting an entry to this competition, you agree that all essay and photo submissions will become the property of MyUS.com and may be used in marketing materials, emails and/or displayed online in whole or partial form without notification.