Help People in Need Around the Globe: Share and MyUS will Donate $1 to IRC on Your Behalf
MyUS has partnered with the International Rescue Committee (IRC) to help people in need. IRC is a non-profit that provides healthcare, food, clean water, housing and education to people in need all around the world.
MyUS is donating $15,000 to the IRC.
PLUS, share this on Facebook by 31 December and MyUS will donate an additional $1 for each Share, up to a total donation of $30,000.
People Around the World Need Your Help
Share this graphic to spread awareness and help bring relief to those in need.
MyUS is donating $15,000 to the IRC to help people in need
You can help spread the love.
For every Facebook Share, Like and Comment, MyUS will donate an additional $1, up to a total donation of $30,000.
International package consolidator MyUS supports over 350,000 members globally, and has partnered with the International Rescue Committee (IRC) to support those in need around the world.
Poverty and The Worldwide Need for Assistance
- There are 1 BILLION CHILDREN who are severely deprived of at least one basic need1, such as:
- safe drinking water
- decent sanitation
- access to healthcare
- access to education
- 663 MILLION PEOPLE lack adequate access to clean drinking water and proper sanitation2
- 1 in 9 PEOPLE do not have enough to eat and suffer from chronic undernourishment3
- 21.6 MILLION CHILDREN under 1 year old fail to receive a measles vaccine4.
- Measles is one of the leading causes of death among young children in areas with little or no access to proper healthcare.
- 1 in 11 CHILDREN of primary school age do not have access to education5
- 171 million people would have the opportunity for a better future if all students in low income countries left school with basic reading skills.6
How the International Rescue Committee (IRC) Helps
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping people to survive, recover and reclaim control of their future.
The IRC provides health care, infrastructure, learning and economic support to people in more than 40 countries, with special programs designed for women and children.
In 2015 alone, the IRC and its partners:
- Helped more than 21 MILLION PEOPLE gain access to healthcare
- Gave 2.6 MILLION PEOPLE access to clean drinking water and sanitation
- Provided life-saving measles vaccinations to MORE THAN 440,000 CHILDREN under the age of 1
- Treated 186,000 CHILDREN under the age of five for acute malnutrition
- Provided job-related education and skills training to more than 27,000 PEOPLE
IRC Aid Worldwide
IRC helps people all around the globe, including people who live in:
- United Kingdom
- South Sudan
- Central African Republic
- Sierra Leone
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Ivory Coast
- Dominican Republic
- United States of America
- and many other countries
The IRC's Efficiency - Your Donations Go To People in Need
- 93% = Programs
- 5% = Administration
- 2% = Fundraising
How Can You Help?
Share this graphic on Facebook to build awareness. Every time you share before 31 December 2015, MyUS will donate $1 to the International Rescue Committee (IRC), up to a total donation of US$30,000.
Help make a difference. Share now!
Notes and Sources:
- All IRC data: http://www.rescue.org/
- Photos credited to the International Rescue Committee