10 Things Only Islanders Understand
Living in Paradise But Want to Get Stuff Faster from the USA? It's Cheaper Than Ever Before With MyUS!
We just dramatically cut shipping costs for shipping products from the USA to many of the beautiful islands in the Caribbean and abroad. For example, you can ship for as low as $15.82-$23.76 from the USA to these countries:
- Turks & Caicos
- Cayman Islands
- Puerto Rico
- US Virgin Islands
- Dominican Republic
- St. Lucia
- British Virgin Islands
- Trinidad & Tobago
- St. Martin
- Antigua & Barbuda
Join MyUS today to get a US shipping address so you can shop your favorite stores and we can ship your purchases to your door for cheap. Here's just some of the stores you can shop when you get a MyUS shipping address:
- Anastasia Beverly Hills
- Bath & Body Works
- BH Cosmetics
- Dick's Sporting Goods
- Disney Store
- e.l.f. Cosmetic
- Foot Locker
- Kylie Cosmetics
- Lime Crime
- Morphe Brushes
- Puritan's Pride
- Ralph Lauren
- Swanson Health Products
- Toys 'R' Us
- Under Armour
- Urban Decay
- and thousands more!
Now you can get what you want from the USA and you don't have to pay an arm and a leg for international shipping. What are you waiting for? Join today!
10 Things Only Islanders Understand (Transcript of Infographic)
Living on a tropical island has its perks, like sandy beaches and postcard-worthy sunsets, but there are some less-than-perfect realities that can come with a remote locale. Global shipper MyUS (and Florida neighbor who can relate to many of these) relays islanders' thoughts on the good and bad of island life (spoiler: it's still a dream come true).
1. The Heat Makes You Rethink MakeupIn the summer, the heat and humidity can turn a simple walk from the house to the car into a makeup-melting, sweat-stained event.
2. Island Time Does ExistOne of the best things about island life is the laid-back, relaxed attitude. But that can sometimes mean appointments & meeting times are a loose suggestion.
3. Grocery Shopping is Sometimes a GambleWhen everything has to be imported, it's hard to predict what will appear on your local store's shelves on any given day. And if you're an expat searching for your favorite back-home snacks, island shopping can be downright disappointing.
4. Bug Encounters are InevitableThere's just no avoiding them. From mosquitoes to tarantulas, bugs are a part of everyday island life. Fortunately, the local lizards and frogs keep them in check.
5. Electricity Can Be FickleFor those on more remote islands, power outages can be a regular occurrence, as well as sloooow internet. What you wouldn't do for 15 minutes of uninterrupted YouTube!
6. Florida is Your MallIsland shopping can be limited & expensive. Intrepid shoppers travel to Florida's glorious outlet malls and superstores to stock their closets & kitchens.
7. Goodbyes are a Way of LifeWhile many locals live in the islands for generations, there's also a revolving door of temporary expats and extended vacationers. The upside? Lots of cake.
8. Hurricanes are Really, Really ScaryAs those of us glued to the Weather Channel know, hurricanes are a BIG DEAL. Nailing up plywood, stockpiling water, and the very real threat of a direct hit are not a fun part of island living.
9. Family & Friends are Your Lifeline
Many islanders rely on the kindness of mainland friends & family. These most welcome visitors stuff their luggage with hard-to-find items, and send the barrels and care packages that make island life easier.
10. Tourists are EverywhereThey come in droves by cruise ship, and bring plenty of money to spend, which is good. BUT, they also take over your favorite restaurants, beaches and bars with their sunburned revelry.
Don't Do Without. Get What You Want Delivered in 2-4 Days...As a Florida company, we know all about heat, bugs, tourists, hurricanes...AND international shipping. We can make island life easier by delivering everything you want from USA stores. It's easy, fast & affordable!
- Sign up online and instantly receive a personal MyUS address
- Shop sales tax free at USA online stores with your MyUS address
- Packages are delivered to MyUS & shipped from our South Florida location in 2-4 days
*These points were gathered by listening to our island members and interviewing some people who have lived in island countries. These points aren't relevant for all countries and islands. In the end, island life is a dream come true and if there are any trade-offs they're well worth it! :)