How to Buy From America & Ship to Ethiopia (When Stores Won’t Ship Internationally)
Looking for a way to buy and ship from your favorite stores that don’t offer international shipping to ET? MyUS is your answer. As a MyUS Member, you can shop the websites of your choosing, regardless of whether or not those stores directly ship to Ethiopia. Take a look at how it works:
- Join MyUS and receive your own MyUS mailing address
- Start shopping within minutes! Choose from thousands of websites, even those that don’t ship to ET. Just use your new MyUS address as the “ship to” address at checkout
- Your orders will arrive at our US warehouse - we will check your items for damage, combine your purchases into one box to save on shipping and forward your package to you in Ethiopia.
Become a MyUS Member and enjoy border-free shopping with fast delivery to ETH.
What is the Postage Cost for Shipping from USA to ETH?
When you ship from the US to ET from an individual website, shipping fees can be high. As a MyUS Member, you have the power of volume shipping on your side. Because we ship in such high volume, we can negotiate exclusive low rates with our shipping partners (DHL, UPS, USPS, FedEx) and we pass that savings onto you. But that’s only the beginning. We also lower shipping costs by:
- Offering free parcel bundling: Shop multiple stores and we’ll combine your multiple boxes into one shipment to save on shipping
- Never charging our Members for airplane fuel (most of our competitors do)
- Giving all Premium Members an extra 20% off all overseas deliveries
- Offering MyUS TruePrice: we calculate shipping fees based on weight only, not weight PLUS box size as most competitors do
Ready to see how much you could save with MyUS? Use our free shipping calculator for a quote on shipping from USA to ETH. Please note that special Member discounts are not factored into the shipping quote until you are logged in as a Member.
When Will I Get My Shipment? Delivery Times From US to ET
Before your shipment travels overseas, it makes a stop at our US warehouse. We process each shipment received within 2-24 hours - this includes checking your items for damage, breakage, counterfeits and customs regulations. Your items are then ready to be bundled for discounted shipping and shipped by air to your address in ET.
We work with the best carriers in the business, ensuring that your packages are always in the best of hands. Here are the estimated shipping times for two of our more popular shipping options:
- Express Shipping: 2-4 days
- Standard Shipping: 5-8 days
Just pick the shipping choice that works best for you and your budget, and we’ll handle the rest!
Does MyUS Ship to My Town in Ethiopia?
We ship across Ethiopia, from the jungles in the west to the deserts in the east, including these cities and town:
- Addis Ababa
- Arba Minch
- Dire Dawa
- Negele Boran
- Bahir Dar
- Debre Birhan
If your city or town is not listed above, please know that we can still likely deliver to you as this list is only a portion of the cities and towns we can ship to. In fact, we deliver packages all across the African continent, including the neighboring countries of South Sudan, Somalia, Kenya, Uganda, Djibouti and Eritrea.
Shop The Most Popular American Websites & Ship to Malawi
Now to the good stuff -- all the stores you can shop from when you join MyUS! Which websites would you shop at if you had the choice? As a MyUS member, you can choose from thousands of stores, including these:
- Bodybuilding.com (dietary supplements, protein powder supplements)
- Amazon.com (kitchenware, drinking glasses, hydration bottles)
- Horchow.com (bedroom furniture, chandeliers, lighting)
- AARP.org (memberships for travel, sireless plans, dental insurance)
- Ashford (luxury watches for men & women, jewelry)
- TouchofModern.com (watches, bed & closet lights, pocket knives)
- Solehype.com (brand name athletic shoes)
- Active Figure (Amazon store for underwear, socks, tights)
- Drugstore.com (medicine, beauty care, skin care)
- BritishDelights.com (British chocolates, teas, potato chips)
- Safavieh.com (rugs, home furnishings)
- Frieschskys.com (designer menswear at a discount)
- Neiman Marcus (latest fashions from top designers for the whole family)
- Allposters.com (movie posters, decals, T-shirts)
- AZPerfume.com (external hard drives, toner, surge protectors)
- Iectechnology.com (external batteries, bluetooth speakers, headsets)
- EocParts.com (vehicle parts, fluids)
- Everydaysource.com (cell phones, audio & video equipment, MP3 Players)
- HealthTree.com (cosmetics, baby care, detergents)
Ready to start shopping? Join MyUS and shop the stores you love within minutes!
Items You Cannot Legally Ship to ETH
Customs regulations are a part of international shipping and it’s important to know the difference between “restricted” and “prohibited” goods.
Prohibited and Banned Items: Items labeled prohibited or banned cannot be imported to ETH and MyUS cannot ship these items. If we find any of these items among your purchases, we will get in touch immediately and help you return them for a refund.
Dangerous and Restricted Items: Here’s where it gets interesting. If an item is labeled dangerous or restricted, in most instances, we can still ship these items for you. Examples of restricted or dangerous items can include items such as nail polish and perfume. These may not necessarily be dangerous in use, but they can require special packaging, handling or permits. We are one of the only shipping companies have the expertise to ship these items safely and legally.
When making purchases to ship internationally to ETH, please skip these banned and prohibited items:
- Dangerous goods and combustible materials
- Non-prescription drugs
- Blank stock checks
- Animal furs
This list may be incomplete, as customs laws can be updated at anytime. Please visit Ethiopia’s official website for the most recent list of customs bans. Economy shipping is provided via USPS or FedEx Economy, Freight shipping via FedEx Freight, Express shipping via FedEx Express, DHL and UPS. The average delivery times stated above are subject to change due to circumstances beyond our control. These can include, but are not limited to, dangerous weather conditions, local holidays, political issues and your local customs office. Visit our FAQs for more information.