Get the Facts on Shipping From US Stores to South Africa!
International Online Shopping When You Live in South Africa
Many great products can be bought on sale when you shop US online stores, but some popular US stores won’t ship directly to ZA.
Fortunately, MyUS helps South Africans buy TVs, iPhones, iPads, Macbooks, computers, bikes, vintage clothing, baby goods, toys, children’s clothing, books, woven items and other products from the United States.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up with MyUS and you’ll instantly receive a MyUS suite in our US-based secure warehouse.
- Shop your favorite American stores online.
- At checkout, simply enter your MyUS address as your shipping address.
- We’ll notify you when your packages arrive at our facility.
- Tell us how you’d like to ship your purchases to ZA (consolidate your purchases for free to save on shipping and choose expedited or standard shipping via FedEx, UPS or DHL).
- We assist with customs paperwork and ship the items to you in South Africa.
MyUS makes it easy to shop the USA and ship overseas. With MyUS, you can buy the American brands you love, and receive discounted international shipping rates.
How Much Does it Cost to Ship US Products to South Africa?
International postage and shipping rates to ZA are based on where your packages will be delivered, the shipping carrier (DHL, FedEx or UPS), if urgent/expedited shipping is selected, and how much your package weighs.
If you already have an item in mind you’d like to ship to South Africa from the USA, get estimated costs with our free ship rate calculator.
MyUS works hard to offer its members low shipping rates with:
- Free package consolidation: buy items from multiple US stores and we’ll hold them in your suite, then repack them into one box
- Exclusive low shipping rates with FedEx, DHL, USPS and UPS
- Additional 20% off shipping for Premium members
Keep in mind that you do not have to pay U.S. sales tax when shipping with MyUS! This saves an average of 7% off the entire purchase. Ready to start shopping US stores and saving on international shipping? Join MyUS today and you’ll receive your new MyUS suite and American address and right away.
Package Transit Times to ZA From the USA
Most expedited packages are delivered to South Africa just 3 to 4 days after they arrive at MyUS. If you select economy/standard shipping, you’ll receive your goods in 5 to 10 days.
MyUS members can easily track their packages, so they know exactly when to expect their delivery.
US Stores that Ship to South Africa (When You’re a MyUS Member)
As a MyUS member, you can shop nearly any American retailer. Some of our South African members favorite US stores include:
- Victoria’s Secret
- Summit Racing
- Rio Grande
- Time Inc.
- Ralph Lauren
- Anker Direct
- B&H Photo
- Forever 21
- J Crew
- Saks Fifth Avenue
There are thousands of more stores that will also ship to ZAF via MyUS. Which store will you shop first?
MyUS Ships to Many South African Cities
We are proud to serve all of South Africa, including:
- Cape Town (including Mitchell's Plain, Khayelitsha and Bellville)
- Johannesburg (Witwatersrand; including Soweto, Krugersdorp, Randfontein, Benoni, Germiston, Springs, Tembisa and Kathelong)
- Durban (including Umlazi, Chatsworth, Kwa-Mashu, Pinetown)
- Pretoria (including Mamelodi, Atteridgeville, Centurion and Akasia)
- Port Elizabeth (including Ibhayi, Bethelsdorp and Motherwell)
- Soshanguve (Mabopane, Ga-Rankuwa, Winterveldt)
- Evaton (Sebokeng, Orange Farm)
- Pietermaritzburg (including Edendale, Imbali and Mkondeni)
- Bloemfontein (Mangaung)
- Vereeniging (Vanderbijlpark, Sharpeville, Meyerton)
- New Castle (Madadeni, Osizweni)
- East London
- Witbank (KwaGuqa)
- Welkom (Thabong)
- Uitenhage (Kwanobuhle, Despatch)
- Kimberley (Galeshewe)
- Mdantsane (Potsdam)
- Rustenburg (Tlhabane, Meriting)
- Klerksdorp (Jouberton)
- Carletonville (Khutsong, Wedela)
- Paarl (Wellington)
- Polokwane (Seshego [Pietersburg])
- and many more cities and towns
Join today! We ship US brands to all ZAF provinces: Eastern Cape, Free State (Oranje Free State), Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal, Limpopo (Northern Transvaal), Mpumalanga (Eastern Transvaal), Northern Cape, North West and the Western Cape.
Prohibited Items You Cannot Ship to ZA
South African customs prohibits certain items from import, including the following products:
- Drugs and narcotics
- Pornographic materials, sex toys and objectionable material
- Raw (uncooked) meat
- Uncut diamonds
- Unwrought gold
- Animals and furs
- Dry ice
- Guns and ammunition
- Products made in Iran
- Honey, beeswax, bees (including larvae/eggs) and used beehive products
- Plants, seeds, bulbs
- Raw cotton
For a complete list of items banned in South Africa, please visit SAR’s Customs & Excise website and check out items that the U.S. has restricted for exporting. If you accidentally buy something that is prohibited for shipment, we will help you return the item so you will not pay unnecessary shipping charges.
Still have questions about shipping items from the USA to ZAF? Review our shipping FAQ or connect with our customer service team today.
Important information about shipping packages from the USA to South Africa: Delivery times may vary based on your specific location, weather, political forces and your local Customs Office. Please see our FAQ for information on issues that could affect transit times or require additional information when shipping to ZA. Express shipping via DHL, UPS or FedEx Express. Economy shipping via FedEx Economy or USPS. Freight shipping via FedEx Freight.