How to Shop Online and Ship to Rwanda (When Stores Don’t Have International Shipping)
It’s easy to get frustrated with online shopping when so many American stores don’t offer shipping to Rwanda. And when you find a retailer that will, shipping fees are expensive, making the deals you find online not very goods deals in the end. That’s where MyUS comes in. We’re a global shipping company that provides the ability to shop from almost any online retailer and ship to RW. This is how we work:
- Join MyUS, you’ll get your own personal mailing address in the United States
- Start shopping - choose from thousands of websites, and when you’re ready to checkout, simply enter your new MyUS address as the “ship to” address
- When your purchases arrive at your address in our US warehouse, we’ll help lower your shipping weight (which lowers your cost) and ship you packages to you in Rwanda
Make every website a website that will ship to Rwanda by joining MyUS today!
What is the Postage Cost?
We know that our Members want low shipping rates, and we deliver cheap rates. Due to our large volume of shipping, we’ve negotiated special discounted rates with UPS, USPS, FedEx and DHL. These rates are exclusive, and we think you’ll be very pleased with how much you can save with this discount. Here are some other ways we lower shipping costs, without sacrificing service:
- We calculate shipping fees with TruePrice, pricing based only on the weight of the shipment, not the weight PLUS size as most competitors do
- We offer free package consolidation: fewer boxes being shipped = cheaper shipping for our Members
- We never charge for airplane fuel (most shipping companies and freight forwarders do)
- All Premium Members save 20% on overseas deliveries
Would you like a free US shipping quote to RWA? Use our calculator located at the top of this page to get an estimate within seconds. Please note that Special Member discounts will not appear until you are logged in as a MyUS Member.
How Long Will It Take for My Delivery to Arrive?
When your packages arrive at your MyUS address, we work quickly to have them processed and ready to ship to you in RW within 8-24 hours. And with deliveries leaving our warehouse multiple times a day, 6 days a week, your shipment is never waiting around for pickup. Here are two of our most popular shipping options, with estimated arrival times:
- Express Shipping arrives in 2-4 days
- Standard Shipping arrives in 5-8 days
We have many shipping options available to our Members. Pick the option that works best for you and your budget, and we’ll handle the rest for you.
Can MyUS Ship to My Home in Rwanda?
MyUS delivers packages from the United States to thousands of cities, towns and villages in over 220 countries. Our delivery routes travel across Rwanda, including but not limited to these cities:
We’re confident we can deliver to your door in RWA, even if your city isn’t listed above. We deliver across the African continent, including the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, South Sudan, Malawi and Zambia.
Can I Shop My Favorite American Websites? (Yes!)
Would you like to shop your favorite stores from the comfort of your own home? That’s exactly what you can do when you join MyUS. The key is having a US shipping address to our warehouse in Florida, USA. Choose from thousands of popular American websites, including these:
- Amazon.com (cell phones, screen protectors, laptops and notebooks)
- Forever21.com (trendy fashions for young women)
- CpxSports.com (paintball)
- 6pm.com (handbags, womens clothing)
- MusiciansFriend.com (musical instruments, sheet music)
- Gap.com (casual clothing for men, women, kids)
- Drugstore.com (vitamin supplements, diapers, hair care)
- Myhabit.com (jewelry, shoes, purses)
- Warehouse Deals (great deals on open and used products from Amazon)
- The Children's Place (clothing for infants, toddlers, girls and boys)
- Nordstrom.com (high end fashions, shoes for adults and kids)
- Asos (private label and brand name clothing)
- Beauty.com (cosmetics for lips, eyes, cheeks)
- Simon Says Stamp (paper art supplies, stampers)
- DSW Shoe Warehouse (sandals, high heels, formal footwear)
- Campus111 (smartphones, tablets, home & garden)
- Mango (dresses, shirts, jeans)
- Afloral.com (silk wedding flowers, bouquets)
Ready to start shopping? Join MyUS now you can enjoying your favorite websites within minutes.
What You Cannot Legally Ship to RWA
When shipping internationally, it’s important to be familiar with the customs regulations of your country. The first step is understanding the difference between “restricted” and “prohibited” goods.
Items that are “prohibited” or “banned” cannot be imported to Rwanda, and will not be shipped by MyUS. We check all shipments for prohibited items, and if we find any, we can help you return them for a refund. These are some of the items that are banned from import to RWA:
- Prescription drugs
- Precious stones
- Money orders
- Magnetized materials
- Animal furs
The list of prohibited and banned goods can change or be modified at any time. Please visit Rwanda’s official customs website for updates.
Items labeled “dangerous” or “restricted”, can many times still be shipped. These are often common items that you wouldn’t think might be dangerous or cause customs issues, such as nail polish and perfume, but they require special packaging, handling or permits. We are one of the only international shipping companies that can ship these items.Economy shipping is provided via USPS or FedEx Economy, Freight shipping via FedEx Freight, Express shipping via FedEx Express, DHL and UPS. The average delivery stated above are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. These can include, but are not limited to: dangerous weather, holidays, and you local customs office. Visit our FAQ for more information.